Saturday, September 27, 2008

Me

Being new to the blogging scene, I thought in this post I should tell a little about myself. I have lived in Utah for all my life. I have been gay and mormon my whole life. It was never a question of if I was gay, but when my gay gene was going to be removed from my DNA because of me being a good mormon boy :). After a few heart wrenching trails in my life, I have finely accepted that change is not an option. I am me, and I like me. I am married and just came out to my wife 2 years ago. I told her only after one of my gay friends said it was wrong for me to keep her in the dark. I knew he was right and found the courage to tell her. I thought she would leave me but she took it better than I thought. She even told me a few things about herself that curled my hair (ha ha). I told her, please don't tell me anymore. She struggles with the attraction part, but so far she is still here. I have five kids and I am not out to them. My wife's wish. I would tell them if it were up to me. I just hate living a lie. I like what I have been reading in the blogs here. I could have written many of them myself. It is great to know that I am not alone in this predicament. Anyway, I am glad to be here and look forward to getting to know everyone. And Beck, I am so guilty of some serious bromancing. But my bromances are my age. :) We will have to talk about them. And Abelard, thanks for your help in getting me here.

1 comment:

Beck said...

I'm pleased to meet "you". I look forward to understanding more about you and how you journey through this life with your wife and kids.

I'm interested in your bromances and how you keep them in perspective and balance with all that is "you".

I look forward to learning more from you. Thanks for commenting on my blog and for joining the team of fellow MOHOs. You are also not alone as there are a few of us 40something MOHOs married with kids, and still happy to be so.